Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My 32nd Birthday

Today is my birthday. I’m double, sixteen. And with sixteen in mind, I’m so glad for the things I’ve learned, experienced and have grown in over the past years. I’m not the kind of person who wishes for high school again.

I don’t have a litany of thoughts or feelings concerning this birthday. It wasn’t until last night that I even gave it a single second of thought. Mostly because babies and family and Michael’s birthday and graduation from grad school have been all-consuming. A separate post will be coming on all that – we made it! Hallelujah.

But also, 32 isn’t anything grand. There is no stirring for major change or conviction to walk a different path. I guess I feel like it’s just another day, as days go. One step in front of the other. Keep walking. The sprint is behind me, and also forthcoming. But right now, I keep on keeping on.

And so I shall. With great anticipation. I will keep on keeping on in a new year of life; married to a new graduate, mother, employee, friend, coordinator, planner, writer, Christian, thinker, woman. And I stay open – to all that God has for me, for my family. In the end, that’s all I can do.

Stay open. Roll with the motions, make decisions in the present, embrace change when it comes, forgive, relate, wake up every morning with intention and purpose. Plan adventures and order my days. Make it count.

Cheers then! To making it count. 32; I think I’m going to love you.

Some things are defining just by being faithful in the little.

No comments: