Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 3 year wedding anniversary. I'm surprised at how quickly we've come this far. And as I look back over these few years, I am stunned at how MUCH we've gone through. How many changes have taken place - our friendships, our world view even, what we stress about now vs. then. And I think about what we have that we didn't just three years ago. A house and two children - my husband is almost done with grad school - the list could go on. And we've gotten more honest I think, and more private. We are more discerning and careful about who we let into our lives. We aren't as surprised by human error. We are closer to each other because we've toughed out, together, some hard stuff. It's me and him, and these two little people who look at us like we are gods. And sometimes it feels much like us against the world, not in a combative way but just in that - we are a unit, trying to make it work with very little help and support from others.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night when no one is awake but me feeding a little mouth, I tear up just thinking about how MUCH I love my husband...how totally and wholly I need him. How over the past three years, my love for him has grown exponentially. He is so amazing. I would never want to walk this journey of life, love, parenting and faith with ANY other man. I'm pretty sure I have the best.

Happy anniversary, my love. You amaze me. I love you. The day I married you, was the best day of my life. I'd do it all over again, and again, and again. And not just because the party was so fun, but because I would pledge my whole life to you. Because you are worth it and worthy of my heart. You are an amazing husband and I adore you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You drastically changed my life. By your words, your actions, your sacrifices, your efforts, your thoughtfulness, and your will, you brought to and showed me a great deal of wonderment and goodness that I might otherwise have never known. You taught me that love is not a feeling--it is a choice. It is purely an act of will to choose to do the right thing as often as possible. I have not always done right by you, but I have tried very hard to change what/where I've need to change in order to meet the challenges presented.

You are trustworthy, supportive, helpful, strong, dependable, loyal, and considerate. You are wonderful mother who is willing to struggle through her own fears and doubts to parent our children to the best of your ability. I admire your resolve and your commitment. God never gets away from you because you really never want to be away from Him. It amazes me how much you do really love Him and want to be a part of His will and way. You are, quite simply, the best.

~Michael